Last Updated: June 24, 2020
As provided in more detail below, we collect personal information from a variety of sources, including from:
- Social media providers
- Data aggregators
- Public databases
- Tracking technologies, and
- From you directly.
Personal Information We Collect
Depending on how we interact with you, we may collect, use, store and transfer different types of personal information about you. This includes:
Identifiers, such as your name and title. We may also collect your birth date or gender, but only when you choose to provide us with that information, such as in a product review or your account settings. Identifiers may also include:
- Contact Information, such as your mailing address, billing address, email address, and telephone number(s).
- Account Profile Information, such as your username or similar identifier, account password, purchase/order history, and your interests provided when signing up for your account.
- Commercial Information, such as credit card, debit card, and other financial payment information.
- Correspondence Information, including anything you may provide to us in your communications with us, such as your intended or actual use of our products, questions about our products, and records of your communications with us.
- Health Information, specifically any adverse reaction you might have to one of our products and relevant health information that you choose to share with us.
- Marketing and Communications Information, such as your preferences in receiving marketing, promotions and sales offers from us, and photographs containing images of you where you choose to provide us with them as part of a sweepstakes or contest.
Information Collected from Individuals Outside the United States
Our services are U.S. based and therefore, if you are using the services from outside the United States, including the European Union or European Economic Area, and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed in the United States using appropriate transfer mechanisms as required by applicable law. This is done either to ensure we are able to provide our services to you, or where not necessary for the provision of our services (such as in the case of providing you with marketing communications), it is done only with your consent. Please note, however, that the data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country of residence. We are, however, unable to provide our services without handling your personal information in the United States.
How We Collect Information About You and Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from you and about you in different ways.
Direct Interactions. We collect most of your personal information from you directly. For example, you may give us a variety of your Identifiers, Contact Information, Account Profile Information, Commercial Information, Correspondence Information, Health Information, Internet/Electronic Activity Information, and Marketing and Communications Information when you:
- Create an account on one of our websites;
- Purchase products from our website or by phone;
- Contact us with questions or provide feedback about our products;
- Subscribe to our mailing lists or otherwise agree to receive marketing communications from us; and
- Enter competitions, promotions or surveys we run from time to time.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for the following business purposes:
- Contact Us. We use personal information such as your Contact Information to respond to your questions and comments when you communicate with us through links or pages provided by the services, such as the "Contact Us" feature.
- Fraud and Crime Prevention and Detection. We use your personal information, such as your Identifiers, Contact Information, and Internet/Electronic Activity Information, to help prevent and detect fraud and other crimes that might be committed using or against our services. We do this to both protect our legitimate interests in protecting our business assets and comply with our legal obligations.
- IT Security and Website Operation. We use your personal information, such as your Internet/Electronic Activity Information, to help us protect our legitimate interests in troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, and protecting our IT systems, including this website.
- Compliance with Legal and Regulatory Obligations. We use your personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, which arise from time to time. For instance, we may use your Contact Information to alert you if a product is recalled. We may also collect your Health Information to maintain records of adverse reactions to our dietary supplement products when you choose to provide this to us.
Also, if you have decided to opt in for marketing purposes, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Email Newsletters and Promotions. We use personal information about you, including your Contact Information, to send you our newsletters, information about our loyalty program, exclusive offers and promotions, and product news through email, where you have agreed to receive such communications. We also may use personal information about you to administer our promotions and our loyalty rewards program.
- Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Message Boards. We use personal information about you, including your Identifiers and Contact Information to enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards, where you have agreed to this. We may sometimes use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or sweepstakes; if so, that Company will be prohibited from using your personal information for any other purpose.
Lastly, we may use information you provide to us for the following additional purposes:
- Feedback. We use information you provide to us regarding our products and services to provide product feedback to our customers in aggregated form through the services.
- Other Uses of Information. In addition, we may use your personal information as otherwise described to you at the time of collection with your consent.
Our services offer publicly accessible blogs, community forums, or reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Information We Share
Internal Third Parties. We are affiliated with a number of other health and wellness brands, including but not limited to American Health®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Ester-C®, Everclen™, Nature’s Origin®, Met-Rx®, Nature’s Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Sundown® Naturals, Sundown® Naturals Kids, Good ‘N Natural®, Home Health™, Natural Wealth®, Flex-A-Min®, Osteo-Bi-Flex®, The Best Bar Ever®, Puritan's Pride®, Sisu®, and Dr.Organic®, all under The Nature’s Bounty Co. umbrella (collectively, our “affiliates”). Our affiliates may share your personal information among themselves for legal purposes as well as to send you promotions, sales and offers, and newsletters in which you have indicated interest. The subsidiary that collects your personal information will not share your personal information with other third parties for marketing purposes unless you have consented to the sharing of your information or you have indicated interest in receiving communications from third parties.
External Third Parties. We will disclose your personal information for the following limited business purposes:
- Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf to fulfill the services you request from us. These include third parties that host our websites, manage databases, perform analyses, send communications for us, process payments on our behalf (e.g. Shopify), ship your orders, provide you with live chat service, or provide certain other components of our websites. Service providers are not authorized to use or disclose your personal information, except as necessary to perform services on our behalf.
- Analytics.We may allow third parties to collect information in order to provide us with analytics. For instance, the services use analytics tools provided by Google to help us understand how people use the services. You can learn more about how Google collects and uses information as a part of its tools.
- Legal Process.We may disclose your personal information to the extent necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process in response to a request for cooperation from law enforcement or a government agency, in order to comply with our other legal and regulatory obligations.
We also will share your information in the following additional circumstances:
- Transactions. It may sometimes be necessary for the advancement of our legitimate commercial interests to share your personal information with our professional advisers in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, assignment, divestiture, merger, bankruptcy, consolidation, reorganization, liquidation, or other transfer of the business or its assets. When we do this, we will always take measures to ensure the ongoing protection of your personal information.
- Other Circumstances. We may also use your personal information in other circumstances, but we will also explain them to you at the point of collection and, where necessary, get your permission.
We Provide You Choices
You may receive marketing offers or solicitations from us through email from time to time. You can subscribe to marketing emails by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you prefer not to receive marketing emails from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the opt-out instructions at the bottom of each marketing email. Please note that these requests may take up to 10 days to be effective.
Your request not to receive marketing emails from us will not apply to messages that you request or that are not of a marketing nature. For example, we may contact you concerning any purchases you have made with us even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails.
Uploading Your Personal Information. If you have established a user account in connection with one of our services, you may be able to review and request changes to some information that the Company maintains about you through your account settings or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Upon request we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information.
Cookies and Tracking
You may be able to disable cookies by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the services’ features.
We use Local Storage, such as HTML5, to store content information and preferences. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5. Please note we do not currently support any browser based Do Not Track (DNT) settings or participate in any DNT frameworks, and we do not assign any meaning to any potential DNT track signals you may send or alter any of our data collection or use practices in response to such signals.
If you wish to not have your browsing information used for the purpose of serving you ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary (generally 7 years) to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements we are subject to, as well as to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information for California Residents
Your Rights. If you are a California resident, you can take advantage of the following rights:
- You may request, up to two times each year, that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you in the preceding 12 months, the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information, the categories of personal information that we disclosed for a business purpose or that we sold about you in the preceding 12 months, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information, and the business or commercial purpose for each sale or disclosure, if applicable.
- You may request that we delete any personal information that we have collected from you. Note that there are some reasons we will not be able to fully address your request, such as if we need to complete a transaction for you, to detect and protect against fraudulent and illegal activity, to exercise our rights, for our internal purposes, or to comply with a legal obligation.
To take advantage of any of the foregoing rights, or if you have questions about your rights, please contact us at email@example.com, 1-800-421-1168, or by mail at Nature’s Bounty Co., Legal Department, 2100 Smithtown Avenue, Ronkonkoma, New York 11779. We may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request. If you exercise any of the foregoing rights, we will not discriminate against you, such as by denying you access to our products or restricting your access to products of certain pricing or quality. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will respond to your request within 45 calendar days, after proper verification, unless we need additional time, in which case we will let you know.
Agent Requests. Your authorized agent may submit a request on your behalf, after submission of proof of authorization in accordance with California law. We retain the right to request confirmation directly from you confirming that the agent is authorized to make such a request or to request additional information to confirm the agent’s identity. An authorized agent is prohibited from using a consumer’s personal information, or any information collected from or about the consumer, for any purpose other than to fulfill the consumer’s requests, for verification, or for fraud prevention
Personal Information Disclosures. In the last 12 months, we disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose (such as to our service providers who are restricted from using your personal information outside the scope of their services for us):
- Identifiers and Contact Information, disclosed to service providers and affiliates
- Commercial Information, disclosed to service providers
- Health Information, disclosed to service providers
- Internet/Electronic Activity Information, disclosed to service providers
We do not sell your personal information, including personal information of persons under 16 years of age.
Third Party Websites
Our services may provide links to websites operated by third parties for your convenience and information. All of these websites and applications operate independently from us, and we do not control their privacy practices. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party websites and applications that you use to better understand their privacy practices.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide through our services. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Among other safeguards, we use Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology to help protect transmissions over the internet of your payment card data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. If you prefer not to transmit your credit card number over the internet, you can contact us using the toll-free number listed on the website from which you want to order. If you have any questions regarding security, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our services are not directed to persons under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with such information without their consent, he or she should contact us via the contact details listed below. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our files.
Information Collected from Individuals in the European Union
Your Rights. Under the European Union General Data Protection Regulation, you have certain rights regarding your personal information:
- Right to access your information: You have the right to confirm whether and how we use your personal information, why we use it, how long we keep it, and with whom we share it. You also have the right to request a free copy of what we have.
- Right to have your information shared: You have the right to request a copy of your personal information for your personal use, including sharing with other entities.
- Right to rectify your information: If you believe that we hold personal information about you that is inaccurate, misleading, or incomplete, you have the right to request that we correct that information in our records.
- Right to request that we remove your information: You have the right to request that we remove your personal information from our records.
- Right to request that we limit use of your information: You also have the right to request that our use of your personal information be restricted.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where you provide consent to our use of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. It may take us some time to process your request, but we will update your preferences within a reasonable period of time or inform you there will be a delay and explain why
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority: Where you are unhappy with how we treat or handle your personal information, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in your home country. For example, if you live in the United Kingdom, you would contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights described above and submit a request, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all legitimate requests within one month. We may sometimes request additional information from you. Please note that we may not be able to fulfill your request under certain circumstances, such as when it is necessary to keep your information to complete an order or meet a legal obligation. If we cannot fulfill the request, we will notify you of the reasons why.
If you disagree with our resolution of your request, you have the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority in your country. You may also seek to enforce this right through a judicial remedy.
Health Information. We are required by law to maintain records of our customers who report adverse reactions to our dietary supplement products. We ask for your explicit consent before collecting any information about your health or medical conditions. We will use this information only for the purposes of meeting our regulatory and legal obligations and will not share it with any third parties. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us as described above.
|Where you indicate a preference about cookies on our websites, this cookie will be used to remember your choice.|
|Security cookies||n/a||We use these cookies to protect our legitimate interests in providing a secure shopping experience and protecting the data we hold.|
|We use these cookies to advance our legitimate interests in running a user-friendly website. These recognize you when you return to the website. For example, they help us show user reviews and where to buy our products.|
|We use these cookies to advance our legitimate interests in gaining insight into how our users are interacting with our websites. These cookies are used to analyze data pertaining to our web traffic.|
|We use these cookies to advance our legitimate interests in marketing relevant products to our customers. These cookies are used by our third-party ad network to adapt ads to users, improve campaign effectiveness.|
|We use these cookies to advance our legitimate interests in providing relevant marketing communications. We include web beacons in emails or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and identify the IP address of the computer on which they were opened. This information helps us customize the services we offer and measure the overall effectiveness of our online content and the products and services we offer. Web beacons also allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party.|
If you wish to not have your browsing information used for the purpose of serving you ads, you may alter your advertising preferences here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive generic ads.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
We, through our parent Company, The Nature's Bounty Co., participate in and have certified our compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. The Company is committed to subjecting all personal data received from EU member countries, and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework's applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certifications, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce's Privacy Shield List here.
Under each Privacy Shield Framework, the Company is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf when our agent processes such personal information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, unless the Company is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. The Company complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to each of the Privacy Shield Frameworks, the Company is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S. based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) here.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website you may invoke binding arbitration after other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
How to Contact Us
Nature's Bounty Co.
2100 Smithtown Avenue
Ronkonkoma, New York 11779