Spinach artichoke dip is always a crowd-pleaser when it comes to summer BBQ appetizers. However, despite its seemingly wholesome name, the traditional dish is typically prepared with fattening, calorie dense ingredients.
For a smarter version of the classic dip, try using a Greek-yogurt base. Not only does the Greek-yogurt add protein, but live active cultures to support digestion. This deliciously nutritious appetizer will surely be a hit at your next summer get together!
Ingredients: • 2 cups Non-fat Greek Yogurt (Plain)
• 1 cup low-fat cream cheese
• ½ cup parmesan cheese
• 2 cups of spinach
• 1/2 cup artichoke hearts (drained)
• 1 medium carrot
• 1/4 red onion
• 2 garlic cloves
• 1 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. In a large pot, melt cream cheese, Greek Yogurt and parmesan cheese over medium heat until reaching a melted, even consistency.
2. Process spinach, artichoke, carrots, onion and garlic in a food processor until finely chopped
3. Add veggies to Greek Yogurt mixture, and sprinkle with salt and red pepper flakes
4. Serve hot or cold with a side of flax-tortilla chips or freshly cut veggies
We use tools, such as cookies, to provide you with the best user experience.We use these tools to personalize content and ads, provide social media features and analyze website traffic. Learn more or manage settings.