With summer here, it’s important to get a good night’s rest to stay energized during the day. You’ve been waiting for the warm weather all year, now it’s time to get out there and enjoy it!
Try these five tips for a better night’s rest!
1. Create a Bedtime Routine - Going to bed around the same time every night, even on weekends, is a good way to keep your body acclimated to a restful night’s sleep.
2. Wake Up – Awakening each morning around the same general time goes a long way to helping your body remain in a restful state through the night. You’re basically training your body to get up at the same time every day, and thus, your body knows that while in a resting state, it needs to recuperate energy.
3. Exercise Daily – While you want to avoid exercising before bedtime, exercising each day helps stimulate digestion, promotes circulation and more. Basically, making your body work tires it out, making it easier to sleep at night.
4. Avoid Distractions – Playing with your phone, eating and watching TV in bed throws off melatonin production, as well as your natural circadian rhythm. Relax in bed, get comfortable and disconnect from your phone, you’ll rest easier.
5. No Caffeine – This one might seem obvious, but certain “relaxing” teas and other beverages may contain caffeine, which causes your body to remain awake.
With so many exciting summer activities to take part in, it’s important to get a good night’s rest! Give one or all of these tips a try if you’re looking to get energized for the summer! Also, try our melatonin supplements! They are a terrific choice for people experiencing occasional sleeplessness, those with jet lag or anyone seeking to improve their quality of rest.*